YARDLEY Spoil Yourself Dis-Chem Competition
TERMS AND CONDTIONS
- Buy any YARDLEY products to the value of R320 (three hundred and twenty rand) at a participating Dis-Chem store,receive a free gift with your purchase to the value of 497.80 (four hundred and ninety-seven rand and eighty cents) find the unique code on the sticker inside the free gift, dial *120*203040# from your cell phone and answer a question to enter. You stand a chance to win a YARDLEY Mystery Glam Bag Surprise to the value of R1 500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand).
- This Yardley Spoil Yourself Dischem Competition ("the Competition") is organised and conducted by Indigo Brands (Pty) Ltd, a subsidiary of AVI Limited, including their affiliates, partners, associates and agents (collectively referred to hereafter as "the Promoter").
- The Competition is exclusive to participating Dis-Chem stores nationwide.
- The Competition will run from Thursday, 15 February 2019 at 08h00 until Sunday, 10 March 2019 at 24h00. Entries received after the closing date will not be considered.
WHO CAN ENTER?
- Participants must be 18 (eighteen) years or older (or if a minor, must be duly assisted by their legal guardians) and have a valid identity document or passport and reside in the Republic of South Africa during the period of the Competition ("Participants" /"you"/ "your").
- Participants may not enter or receive a prize if they are directors, members, partners, employees, agents of or consultants to the Promoter, their subsidiaries, holding companies, divisions, associated companies and the advertising or promotion agencies or any other person who directly or indirectly controls or is controlled by the Promoter, or their spouses, life partners, immediate family members or business partners.
- By entering this Competition, all Participants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, and the Promoter’s decision regarding any issue with the Competition will be final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This is a USSD based Competition. Entry will only be via USSD from the Participant’s cellular phone, all networks are supported. USSD will be charged at R0.20c (twenty cents) per 20 (twenty) seconds each. Errors will be billed. By entering this Competition, it will be deemed that the cellular service account payer has agreed to the charges.
- No responsibility will be accepted for any entry that is not delivered, received or is delayed or damaged due to technical reasons, including telecommunication failure on the part of the Participant’s cellular service provider, or otherwise. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
HOW TO ENTER
- To enter the Competition you need to purchase any YARDLEY products to the value of R320 (three hundred and twenty rand) at a participating Dis-Chem store and receive a free gift with your purchase to the value of 497.80 (four hundred and ninety-seven rand and eighty cents). Find the unique code on the sticker inside the free gift box and dial *120*203040# from your cell phone and follow the prompts to enter the unique code found on the sticker.
- Participants will be contacted telephonically on the cell phone number used to enter during the week if they have won a prize. 90 (ninety) prizes will be given away in total throughout the Competition period.
- Entries are unlimited however each unique code may only be used once to enter. Each additional entry must have its own unique code. If it becomes apparent that a Participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of 'script', 'brute force' or any other automated means, that Participant's entries will be disqualified, and any prize award will be void. No entries from agents, third parties, organised group or applications automatically generated by computer will be accepted. No bulk entries. Participants are only entitled to 1 (one) prize should they be drawn as a winner.
- Incomplete or incorrect entries will not be eligible for a potential prize.
- There is a chance to win 1 (one) of 90 (ninety) YARDLEY Mystery Glam Bags to the value of R1 500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand) each. Each YARDLEY Mystery Glam Bag consists of YARDLEY products and other glam goodies in a glam toiletry bag to the total value of R1 500.00 (one thousand five hundred rand) each.
- Prizes are not transferable to any third party and are not negotiable with the Promoter or any of its agents or any third party. Prizes may not be exchanged for cash.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prizes for an alternative prize of equal or greater value should the prizes promoted not be available due to unforeseen circumstances.
DETERMINATION OF WINNERS
- Weekly winners will be chosen at random by the back-end system. This will be determined by a back-end algorithm.
- Winners will be chosen weekly and the Promoter will contact winners directly within 1 (one) week of the weekly draw. Winners wil be contacted telephonically weekly on the cell phone number used to enter. Winners will need to provide their full name and surname, identity number, contact details and prize delivery address. Prizes will be delivered within 2 (two) weeks or as soon as reasonably possible of the winner being contacted.
- The Promoter will make 3 (three) attempts within 3 (three) working days to contact and notify the selected potential winner telephonically. If the selected potential winner cannot be contacted personally after 3 (three) attempts, or if after first being contacted by the Promoter, is not reachable, or the potential winner fails to provide the Promoter with the required information to hand over the prize, the potential winner will forfeit the prize and a replacement winner will be selected from the names drawn from remaining qualifying Participants. This process shall continue until a winner has been contacted and the prize has been awarded in terms of the Competition rules.
- Winners will need to provide full name and surname, identity number, confirm contact details, supply prize delivery address and provide a clear image of your South African Identity Document or passport via WhatApp or e-mail. WhatsApp and e-mail details will be provided once the Promoter has contacted the winner.
- Once the winners have been determined there will be an announcement on the Promoter’s Facebook page. In line with data protection legislation, the names of winners will only be announced should they have consented to having their names disclosed.
- The Promoter reserves the right to select an alternative winner in the event that they reasonably believe, in their sole discretion, that the winner is not eligible to win, has contravened any of these terms and conditions, has acted in a manner that is not in the spirit of the Competition, their conduct can be reasonably interpreted as scamming or circumventing the rules of the Competition, acted fraudulently with regards to the Competition, if it would be unlawful to award the prize or the winner fails to provide the Promoter with required information within 2 (two) business days. In this instance the winner will be disqualified and forfeit the prize. The Promoter’s decision shall be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
PUBLICITY AND DATA PRIVACY
- The prize winners have the right to decline permission to use their name or image in marketing material or participate in any marketing activity. Should the prize winner verbally or otherwise agree to it, the Promoter may publish the prize winner’s name and photographs on, including but not limited to, the Promoter’s Facebook page or website, in any advertising, promotional, print, point of sale or public relations material, without any liability to the Promoter or remuneration due to the prize winners.
- The Promoter might request the right to use photographs of the prize winners in perpetuity. The prize winner will be afforded the opportunity to either accept or to decline this request.
- By entering, a Participant acknowledges that personal information about the Participant will be shared with the Promoter and their agents to the extent necessary to conduct the Competition and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners.
- All personal information relating to the Participants will be used solely in accordance with South African consumer and data protection legislation.
- Should the Participant have elected to receive marketing communication from the Promoter and other AVI Limited brands, the Participant’s contact details will form part of the Promoter’s database and they will receive marketing communication on, including but not limited to, upcoming promotions, competitions and offers related to AVI Limited brands. The Participant’s personal information will be shared with the AVI Limited brands and their agents to the extent necessary to ensure they receive this communication either via email or SMS, and for prizes to be delivered to prize winners for example. Should a Participant wish to remove their details from this database at any stage, please select the opt-out option made available to you or contact the Promoter’s consumer care line.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoter in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
- All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- Please note that the following terms require you to take on risk, limit the liability of the Promoter and indemnify the Promoter. Please read them carefully and contact the Promoter if you have any questions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, extend or suspend the time period of the Competition or terminate the Competition in its entirety whenever it should so choose for technical, commercial, or operational reasons, or for reasons beyond its control or generally for any reason whatsoever within their sole discretion. The Competition, its prizes, and terms and conditions may be amended by the Promoter, at any time during the Competition, and will be applied and interpreted within their sole discretion. In such an event, all Participants waive any rights that they may have/purport to have in terms of this Competition and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter whatsoever.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating, the Participant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless the Promoter, their associated, holding and subsidiary companies, and its directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns from any and all claims or liability arising from participating in the Competition, any Competition-related activity and/or acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of any prize.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter will not be liable in any way whatsoever, for any claims arising from loss, injury, damage or costs, suffered by a Participant in relation to this Competition or the prizes offered, including but not limited to claims relating to defects or poor performance of the prize not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty or any losses caused by such defects or losses arising from incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by Participants or incorrect installation of the prize.
- The Promoter will not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of incomplete or incorrect information provided.
- South African law shall govern these competition terms and conditions and the courts of South Africa shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- For more information or for a copy of these terms and conditions conditions visit www.indigobrandscompetitions.co.za or call the consumer line on 0800 INDIGO(463446).